Da Lat is a jewel in the hot, humid, jungle landscapes of Vietnam. This beautiful town could be mistaken for a European town thousands of miles away and is one of my personal favourites in Vietnam.
Often nicknamed “The City of Eternal Spring”, Da Lat has a temperate climate making it an ideal escape from the heat and humidity of other areas. This climate means that the area is ripe for growing plant species that would not survive in the rest of Vietnam such as strawberry plants, pine trees and artichokes.
The cool, comfortable climate is the reason the French first developed the area in the 1890s. Seeking an escape from the all-consuming heat and humidity of the south, it features French-style villas, hotels and boulevards, many of which still remain.
Da Lat was fortunate enough to remain relatively untouched by the ravages of war and has kept much of the French influence and architecture which gives it its European charm.
Our full-day tour visits many of the ‘highlights’ including Cremaillere Railway Station, a classic preserved 1920’s piece of architecture – we even include a short train ride to Trai Mat Village with its hydrangea garden and flowers farm! We continue our tour to Linh Phuoc Pagoda, also called Ve Chai Pagoda, was built from debris of glass, pottery bowls and porcelain.
We have time to enjoy Da Lat’s amazing cuisine for lunch, we give great recommendations
Then visiting the 1930’s ‘art-deco’ Bao Dai’s Palace with its wonderful views over Da Lat itself and the Crazy House – a wacky and tacky place but so entertaining! We don’t forget the French Quarter, with its many abandoned grand villas.
- a full 10 hour private guided tour in English
- all entry fees
- cold, bottled mineral water
- moist towelettes
- use of a modern air
- conditioned vehicle & my professional driver.
- meals & drinks etc taken during the tour (bottled water is free of charge)
How to book a tour:
- Press ‘BOOK NOW’ & complete Contact Form.
- Send to Xuan Tu Private Tours. Xuan Tu will personally check availability and return proposal and cost.
- Is the Proposal/Cost acceptable? Simply let Xuan Tu know and your booking is confirmed