In order to be protected from French occupation in the 1940s, Communist guerrilla troops known as Viet Cong dug tens thousands of miles of tunnels with their bare hands and simple tools and further expanded during the American War in the 1960s. It is famous for being used as a hideout for surprise attacks against the American and their allied troops in the Vietnam War. This huge network underground tunnels in Viet Nam which have been preserved by the Viet Nam government and has become a popular tourist attraction.
Our private half-day tour starts at your hotel lobby in Saigon (HCM City) and in our modern air-conditioned vehicle, my professional driver takes us to the entrance of this amazing site. We can make comfort stops to freshen-up if required.
Before going underground, a short introductory video showing how the tunnels were constructed will be given. Then, we spend time exploring the maze of tunnels including the secret cellar-door, museum of self-made weapons, shooting range, garment-factory ammunition, and tunnels to learn the struggles of life in wartime Vietnam firsthand and see how soldiers and civilians lived through the conflicts and the ingenious methods used to conceal themselves.
After all that crawling, you’ll appreciate a traditional Vietnamese meal with a large spread of local dishes. After lunch, a quick nap will be in order before heading back to the hotel.
- a 6 hours private guided tour in English
- all entry fees
- cold, bottled mineral water
- moist towelettes
- use of a modern air
- conditioned vehicle & my professional driver.
- meals & drinks etc taken during the tour (bottled water is free of charge)
How to book a tour:
- Press ‘BOOK NOW’ & complete Contact Form.
- Send to Xuan Tu Private Tours. Xuan Tu will personally check availability and return proposal and cost.
- Is the Proposal/Cost acceptable? Simply let Xuan Tu know and your booking is confirmed