The four of us booked a full day tour to Hoi An. What an amazing full day. Started off with the bamboo boats, a must! Learning about the local herbs and farming at the Tra Che village. Then getting mesmerized by the beautiful city of Hoi An.
What made our day so memorable was Lam! Lam was our guide, he was very flexible and accommodating! Other than history, we also like to shop and eat, which he offered great recommendations for food and helped us bargain for goods. He was over and above kind, genuine and honest. You can’t help but adore him. I don’t believe there was any question he couldn’t answer!
In total we tried more than 20 dishes with Lam! Some we would have never tried if it wasn’t for him. At the end of our day, we requested for a massage, he dropped us off at a massage place that offered great massages at a fair price.
Lam had such attention to detail such as:
– using the flashlight on his phone to shine the path for us in dark alleyways
– personally bringing our banh mi to our table to lessen the wait
– checking our bills for accuracy
– using code words so we know when a vendor gave us tourist prices
– hunting for a dress Iiked in various shops
– bargaining for smaller portions with vendors so we can try more food
– sharing way more tip to the driver than we expected so the driver can be happy.
I received quotes from 8 different tour groups and Xuân Tu was the most expensive but Lam made it all worth it! Make sure you request for Lam!!!
Thank you for everything Lam, you are amazing
Traveller: maryl0212 from Tripadvisor